Congratulations and welcome to Elizabeth City State University, home of the Mighty Vikings!
We are excited at the thought of having you join the ECSU family, and we look forward to serving you and your family members in the near future. The first step in beginning your Viking Voyage is to attend one of our New Student and Family Viking Voyage Orientation (VVO) sessions.
During VVO you will meet with academic advisors, register for classes, learn about campus resources, experience the ECSU Viking Pride Culture, make new friends, and so much more! As you navigate the Viking Voyage and stay the course to becoming a Viking, don’t forget to:
- Activate your VikingOne account
- Register for Viking Voyage Orientation below.
- Complete the Admitted Student Checklist
Viking Voyage Orientation Sessions
Viking Voyage Orientation Schedule Coming Soon...
Setting Up Your VikingOne Account
As an ECSU student, you must setup your VikingOne password with your one time authorization code prior to access the following services: e-mail, university computers, wi-fi, Blackboard, E4U, LinkedIn Learning, and Self-Service Banner (SSB).
- Locate the email from ECSU Division of Information Technology (DIT) that includes your Banner ID & ECSU Email address.
- To get started, go to the Self-Service Password Portal to setup your VikingOne account password.
- Setup your password by first logging in with your one time authorization code.
- Do this by selecting the "By providing the answer to your security question" radio button from the menu and click Next.
- Enter Viking$$MMDD, where MM and DD represent the month and day of your date of birth, and hit SUBMIT.
- The system will ask that you set up your security questions and create a custom password.
- Once you have setup your password, verify that you can access ECSU services, such as your ECSU-issued email account.
You will need to visit the Self-Service Password Portal to change your password:
- If it has been 90 days or more since you last changed your password
- If you believe your password is known to anyone other than you
- If you forgot your password
- Never share your password. DIT staff will never ask for your secret password.
- Please reach out to our Helpdesk at 252-335-3532 should you have any questions about your initial password setup. You must bring
an ID card such as a driver’s license to verify your identity.
- E-mail regarding your classes, student information and bills will be sent to
your student e-mail.
You may have to wait up to 5 minutes after password management before successful authentication can occur. Contact our Helpdesk at 252-335-3532 if you have trouble logging into your E-mail with your VikingOne account.
Ridley Student Center, Suite 211
Monday - Friday | 8:30 am - 5:30 pm